Monday 12 December 2011

2012 Reading Challenges


So I have decided to sign up for a few challenges in 2012.  I am really excited as it my first time signing up for most of these challenges. It's going to be an interesting year as I have my first child due in March so either i wil have no time for reading or lots but between my local library, my ipad and the kindle i am treating myself to this Christmas, I am incredibly hopeful :) So please find below the challenges i will be participating in next year:


Hosted by The Story Siren,  challenge is to read and review a minimum 12 young adult or middle grade debut novels in 2012.

For this challenge some titles I am looking forward to reading are:
  • Everneath by Brodi Ashton
  • Tempest by Julie Cross
  • Fracture by Megan  Miranda
  • Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood
  • The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
  • The Alchemy of Forever by Avery Williams
  • Storybound by Marissa Burt
As I look through the variaous lists of titles, i realise i want to read most of the titles on them so hopefully i will be able to complete this challenge successfully.




This challenge is hosted by Book'd Out with the aim to "The aim of The Eclectic Reader 2012 Challenge is to push you a little outside your comfort zone by reading up to 12 books during the year from 12 different genres."

This challenge runs from January 1, 2012 to December 31, 2012

The genres included are:

  1. Literary Fiction
  2. Crime/Mystery Fiction
  3. Romantic Fiction
  4. Historical Fiction
  5. Young Adult
  6. Fantasy
  7. Science Fiction
  8. Non Fiction
  9. Horror
  10. Thriller /Suspense
  11. Classic
  12. Your favourite genre
This is another challenge I can't wait to sink my teeth into.  I actually have quite an eclectic reading taste anyway so i think I can do quite well in this challenge.

2012 YA/MG Fantasy Reading Challenge


The aim of this challnge is to read and review 10 Ya/MG fantasy novels that come out in 2012.  Another challenge I am looking forward to as this is probably my most favoured genre.  Even looking at the list so far I can already see a few to look forward to such as :
  • Faery Tales & Nightmares by Melissa Marr
  • Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter
  • The Wood Queen by Karen Mahoney

Sophomore Reading Challenge!


This reading challenge, hosted by Chick Loves Lit is to read 10 or more sophomore YA or MG novels published in 2012.  As there are a number of second books coming out from great authors I have discovered in the last year or so, this is another challenger I am greatly excited about as some of the titles to look forward to are:
  • Insurgent by Virginia Roth
  • Embers and Echoes by Karsten Knight
  • Until I die by Amy Plum
as well as a whole lot of others.

So these are the reading challenges I plan on tackling in 2012.  Let me know what challenges you have found and are participating in for 2012.

Oh and wish me luck!! :)


2 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for including STORYBOUND on your list! Two other things: LOVE the name of your blog - so magical and fantastical! And congrats on your baby! Stow away some books for the many hours you'll be pinned to the couch in those early weeks - haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    Thanks for joining me for the Eclectic Reader Challenge! I look forward to seeing what you read!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete