Wednesday 3 April 2013

Review: With All My Soul by Rachel Vincent

Title: With All My Soul (Soul Screamers #7)
Author: Rachel Vincent
Published:  26 March 2013
Source: HarlequinTEEN Australia
Reviewed: Sapphireddragon
SapphiredDragon Rating: *****



With All My Soul (Soul Screamers #3)
 by Rachel Vincent


After spending the last year undead, Kaylee Cavanaugh has had enough of the paranormal creatures who have plagued her ever since she came into her banshee powers. Now she's ready to take her school back from the evil hellions, once and forever.

To protect her friends, Kaylee will need to find a way to turn the living incarnations of Avarice, Envy and Vanity against one another.

Yet when one more person close to her is taken, Kaylee realises she can't save everyone she loves without making some powerful sacrifices...



Review: 

What an awesome series finale! I absolutely loved this book! By the end I was crying.

Rachel Vincent really knows how to write a final instalment. This book had the characters we have all fallen in love with and right from the beginning had the feel of a final stand.

It took me a little while to get through the first chapters but this was my issue more than a story issue as it seemed every time I picked up the book and started reading, my 1 year old would inevitably wake from a nap or decide she was hungry or generally something else happened to disturb my reading time. So when I finally had a a few hours to spare, it was so nice to submerge myself back into the soul screamers world and within a couple of sittings, I arrived at the finish.

I have to say I did not expect the direction this story took. This made me love it all the more. I read on and on with my heart in my mouth and never once expected the way it all turned out.

Again I loved Sabine in this instalment and her perspective on things. I even found myself warming to Sophie which surprised me a lot. Ms Vincent has very vivid characters that you cannot help picturing, loving and feeling emotion for.

And I love Ms Vincent's writing and story which is an incredibly clever conclusion that completely fits the characters but still manages to come out of the blue. I thinks that is one of the main things i have loved about this series, the fact the Ms Vincent has stayed true to the characters the whole way through and grown and developed them so well.

I could spend days gushing about this book as I absolutely loved it and reached the conclusion before I was ready because I was so engrossed in the story. Now I can't believe its all over! I am going to miss this world but I wait with baited breath for Ms Vincent's next endeavour.

I give this story 5 stars

Sapphired Dragon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment