Sunday 16 June 2013

Novella Review: Reaper by Rachel Vincent

Title: Reaper (Soul Screamers #3.5)
Author: Rachel Vincent
Published: 1 December 2010
Source: Book Depository (Part of Soul Screamers Omnibus Volume 2)
Reviewed: Sapphireddragon
SapphiredDragon Rating: ****

Reaper (Soul Screamers #3.5) by Rachel Vincent

Tod Hudson was a typical teenager. He liked girls, sports, food and tolerated his younger brother, Nash. In fact, he had his whole life in front of him--and due to his bean sidhe heritage, it was going to be a very long life indeed. And then the car accident occurred.

Suddenly Tod's future wasn't so sure, and he had to make a choice. Life... Death... or something Between....

An ebook exclusive Soul Screamers series novella







Review: 


So glad I finally got around to reading this novella.  I have been meaning to since I discovered it was the volume 2 Soul Screamers omnibus I ordered earlier this year.  And as usual, Rachel Vincent's writing does not disappoint.

Reaper is Tod's story.  The story of how he became a reaper.  If you have read the series, then you will know the bare bones of it but even so, this novella adds a whole new layer to Tod's character.

I didn't really become a huge fan of Tod's till about book 6 or 7 but after book 7 I definitely was and this novella captures his personality as seen in the series perfectly, his sense of humour, his attitude towards rules, and his protectiveness of those he loves.

Even though I obviously knew how this story would turn out, I still enjoyed every second of it, as quick as I flew through it.  i even found myself tearing up in parts and I know that even if I hadn't been a fan of Tod before, I definitely would be now.

This novella is placed between books 3 and 4 and I would strongly suggest you wait until after you read book 3 to read it, to avoid some spoilers but other than that, if you are a fan of the series then you will definitely be a fan of this novella.

I give this novella four stars :-)

Sapphired Dragon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment