Saturday 10 August 2013

Stacking the Shelves #5


Welcome to  Stacking The Shelves!  Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga Reviews and is a meme to share those books, both print and e-book, that have been added to your shelves in the last week/s.

Got some awesome books this week and also got a lot of reading done.  Now just need to start writing some of the reviews that are due.  Also very excited this week as I will be hosting Claudia Gray on my blog as part of the Authors ARE Rockstars tour later in the week.  So don't forget to check back on Wednesday and catch the interview, it will be well worth it! :-).

For Review (via Netgalley):


Witchstruck (The Tudor Witch Trilogy #1) by Victoria Lamb


If she sink, she be no witch and shall be drowned.

If she float, she be a witch and must be hanged.

Meg Lytton has always known she is different—that she bears a dark and powerful gift. But in 1554 England, in service at Woodstock Palace to the banished Tudor princess Elizabeth, it has never been more dangerous to practise witchcraft. Meg knows she must guard her secret carefully from the many suspicious eyes watching over the princess and her companions. One wrong move could mean her life, and the life of Elizabeth, rightful heir to the English throne.

With witchfinder Marcus Dent determined to have Meg's hand in marriage, and Meg's own family conspiring against the English queen, there isn't a single person Meg can trust. Certainly not the enigmatic young Spanish priest Alejandro de Castillo, despite her undeniable feelings. But when all the world turns against her, Meg must open her heart to a dangerous choice.

The Secret Circle meets The Other Boleyn Girl in Witchstruck, the first book of the magical Tudor Witch trilogy


Purchased:(Print Books):

Been dying to read this pretty much since I finished reading Shadow and bone and when I saw this gorgeous edition while browsing in a bookshop this week, I couldn't resist.  Nearly finished and and so far it is as good as i expected :-)

Siege and Storm (The Grisha  #2) by Amy Plum

Darkness never dies.

Hunted across the True Sea, haunted by the lives she took on the Fold, Alina must try to make a life with Mal in an unfamiliar land. She finds starting new is not easy while keeping her identity as the Sun Summoner a secret. She can’t outrun her past or her destiny for long.

The Darkling has emerged from the Shadow Fold with a terrifying new power and a dangerous plan that will test the very boundaries of the natural world. With the help of a notorious privateer, Alina returns to the country she abandoned, determined to fight the forces gathering against Ravka. But as her power grows, Alina slips deeper into the Darkling’s game of forbidden magic, and farther away from Mal. Somehow, she will have to choose between her country, her power, and the love she always thought would guide her--or risk losing everything to the oncoming storm.


Also made my monthly visit to my favourite discount book store and got some awesome bargains.



Captivate (Need #2) by Carrie Jones


Spells
Spells (Wings #2) by Aprilynne Pike
Goodreads | Book Depository


Illusions (Wings #3) by Aprilynne Pike
Goodreads | Book Depository

Everneath (Everneath #1) by Brodi Ashton

This was one of my favourite reads of 2012 so now I finally have a copy of my own.


White Tiger (Dark Heavens #1) by Kylie Chan

This is one of my favourite series and while i already have this book as a paperback, this is the Voyager 15th anniversary edition and in hardback! Yes Please.




So what did you add to your shelves this week?


5 comments:

  1. Those all look great! I think I have White Tiger, Spells and Illusions. I've heard the Grisha books are good too and I have the first to read.

    Here is my STS if you'd like to drop by for a visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Siege and Storm was a great read! I really enjoyed reading it.
    I haven't heard of the other books before, but I hope you enjoy them all! :)

    Nick - My Haul

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for a great book bargain, right? :) awesome books!! i really liked shadow and bone but i still gotta read siege and storm.

    hope you can stop by my StS.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice haul. I got Witchstruck and Bardugo's books a while back and I am looking forward to reading them.
    Hope you enjoy all the reads!

    My haul
    My DESIGNS blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good haul this week. I hope you enjoy them!

    My STS.

    ReplyDelete