Monday 7 October 2013

Teaser Tuesday #63




Welcome to Teaser Tuesdays.

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

1. Grab your current read

2. Open to a random page

3. Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too muchaway! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

4. Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


My current read is Phantom Eyes (Witch Eyes #3) by Scott Tracey and my two lines are from location 648 of 3862:
I waited for the sky to stop spinning before I even started to consider his words. The way I'd moved, the way my body had responded...that wasn't me.




Every child in Belle Dam is taught about the feud from an early age. There are ‘our’ people and ‘their’ people. Friends and enemies. Associates and strangers. It’s the kind of town where eyes are always watching, and you don’t need a reason to sell out your neighbors.
But the feud is a lie. As a new wave of fury sweeps through the town, creating a third front to an already overtaxed war, Braden has been broken worse than ever. His innocence? Shattered. His heart? Crushed. His magic? Gone. His new life? Ruined. And this is only the beginning.
Beneath the city lay deep wellsprings of power. The one who controls them is the one who will win the feud. In a city filled with puppet masters, Braden must elude their strings and end the feud once and for all. But first, he must outsmart his father, evade Catherine’s dark magic, regain what was stolen from him, trick a phantom who refuses to die, and foil a demon’s master plan.
Even then, he may not survive. Because power is a problem, and victory comes with a cost…


PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link  to your own Teaser Tuesdays post, or share your ‘teasers’ in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks!

10 comments:

  1. That's quite a hook. #spinningsky

    I've got 2 teasers this week. Mine are here
    http://www.lovebitesandsilk.co.uk/2013/10/teasertuesday-hung-parliament-by-sa.html
    http://lovebitessilkties.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/teasertuesday-under-alphas-protection.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard Tracey is a good writer. Hope you enjoy!
    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the teaser. The cover is awesome too. I will have to check this one out. Here is my TT http://cynthiastacey.com/2013/10/08/teaser-tuesday-oct-8/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate that sky-spinning feeling!
    My Teaser is from AFTER ALL THESE YEARS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, spinning skies are not some of my favorite memories of college...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been meaning to start this series for a while, but haven't gotten around to it, hopefully soon!

    Heres mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  7. I take it that puppet master thing is literal.

    Great teaser. Please check out my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot wait to start Phantom Eyes and with that teaser I need to read it even more! Maybe next week fingers crossed Thanks for sharing your teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cover and teaser!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/10/teaser-tuesday_8.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like an exciting story. Great teaser.

    ReplyDelete