Wednesday 23 July 2014

Review: Let's Get Lost by Adi Alsaid

Title: Let's Get Lost
Author: Adi Alsaid
Published: 29 July 2014 by HarlequinTeen Australia
Source:  HarlequinTeen Australia
Reviewed: Sapphired Dragon
Rating: ****

My Review:

I decided to read "Let's get Lost" after seeing it many mentioned around the place. As I have mentioned before, I don't read a whole lot of YA contemporary but 4 strangers stories all connected by one girl name Leila seemed like and intriguing idea.

I have to say I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this book and how quickly zoomed through it. When I started I was a little apprehensive, worried I would struggle to get it finished, having left it a little late to start reading it, but I needn't have worried, one moment I was reading the first page of Hudson's story and the next I finishing off Leila's story and closing the book, all done.

This book is essentially 5 stories in one. The first 4 sections devoted to a main character and story per section: Hudson, Bree, Elliott and Sonia with leila's story weaving around them, bringing their stories together and finishing the book off. Each of these characters had their own story, their own issues but they seem to all be at the same point of everything coming to a head when Leila crosses their paths and acts as their catalysts for change. I enjoyed each story for itself, enjoyed meeting and discovering the new characters and their stories, the journey that each story takes the reader on. I also loved that we got to find out Leila's story last and realising that though she was in each and every story previous, she remains mysterious and its not until the end that we find out more about her.

I found each og the individual stories fresh,different and honest, and the way Mr Alsaid brings them all together, I found myself wanting more and thinking about the characters even after their stories had passed, which to me is a sure sign of a good read.

If you want a YA contemporary novel that is fresh and honest and a fun, enjoyable read, then pick up this book. This books was a really nice surprise and I give it 4 stars :-)

Sapphired Dragon xx


About The Book:


Five strangers. Countless adventures. One epic way to get lost.

Four teens across the country have only one thing in common: a girl named LEILA. She crashes into their lives in her absurdly red car at the moment they need someone the most.

There's HUDSON, a small-town mechanic who is willing to throw away his dreams for true love. And BREE, a runaway who seizes every Tuesday—and a few stolen goods along the way. ELLIOT believes in happy endings…until his own life goes off-script. And SONIA worries that when she lost her boyfriend, she also lost the ability to love.

Hudson, Bree, Elliot and Sonia find a friend in Leila. And when Leila leaves them, their lives are forever changed. But it is during Leila's own 4,268-mile journey that she discovers the most important truth— sometimes, what you need most is right where you started. And maybe the only way to find what you're looking for is to get lost along the way.


1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed this book as well. It was fun. Good review.

    Grace @ Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete