Monday 4 January 2016

Teaser Tuesday #112 : Worlds of Ink and Shadow #TeaserTuesday





Welcome to Teaser Tuesdays.

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

1. Grab your current read

2. Open to a random page

3. Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

4. Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


My current read is Worlds of Ink and Shadow by Lena Coakley and my two lines are from location 1498 of2933

She looked up at her again. "But what did I pay? It was something, something important, I know it. Oh Anne," she cried "What if it was my soul?"



Worlds of Ink and Shadow by Lena Coakley



Charlotte, Branwell, Emily, and Anne. The Brontë siblings have always been inseparable. After all, nothing can bond four siblings quite like life in an isolated parsonage out on the moors. Their vivid imaginations lend them escape from their strict upbringing, actually transporting them into their created worlds: the glittering Verdopolis and the romantic and melancholy Gondal. But at what price? As Branwell begins to slip into madness and the sisters feel their real lives slipping away, they must weigh the cost of their powerful imaginations, even as their characters—the brooding Rogue and dashing Duke of Zamorna—refuse to let them go.

Gorgeously written and based on the Brontës’ juvenilia, Worlds of Ink & Shadow brings to life one of history’s most celebrated literary families.



 check out the good reads link


PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Teaser Tuesdays post, or share your ‘teasers’ in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds nice, hope you enjoy it. My teaser is from Built by Jay Crownover

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this sounds great -- love the Bronte connection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely cover. I hope you enjoy this book.

    My Teaser Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book is new to me. I hope you are enjoying it. My teaser comes from The Bitter Season by Tami Hoag. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard about this book before and it really sounds interesting. I think I'm going to have to add it to my list, that ever-growing list! Here's my teaser: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-16A

    ReplyDelete